Five steps to your survey
This manual will help you to create a survey for your course and share it with our participants.
Step 1: Edit your course and insert a new course element "survey"
- Go to "Authoring" - "My learning resources" and open the course in which you would like to add the survey.
- Open the "Course editor" from "Administration" drop-down.
- Click to the element after which one you would like to insert the new survey element.
- Click "Insert course element" and choose "Survey".
- Change the title in the tab "Title and description" and add a description if needed.
- Click "Save".
Step 2: Create a form
- Go to the tab "Survey" and click "Choose, create or import".
- Click "Create".
- Give a name to your new form and click "Create"
Your new form learning resource was successfully created.
Step 3: Edit your form and add new questions
- Click on "Edit" to switch to the form editor.
- Click "Add content" to add a new question to your (empty) form.
- Choose the type of question from the drop-down (e.g. Single choice or multiple choice).
- The option "Presentation" structures your questions in vertical, horizontal or as a drop-down design.
- Enter all values.
- To add more values to the same question, click on "Add choice".
- To add more questions, click "Add content".
- To reposition your questions, arrange them by using drag & drop.
Add as many questions, titles, text and information as needed according to the same procedure. Use the element "Container" or "Seperator" to structure the form.
Step 4: Save the form learning resource
- Leave the form editor (red cross upper right corner) and save all content that has not been saved yet.
- Go back to your course.
Step 5: Publish your course
- Navigate back to your course.
- Click "Publish" in the upper right corner.
- Check if your new survey element ist listed and click "Next".
- Set your course access and publication status using the publish-assistance and the following steps.
- Click "Finish" when done.
- Leave the course editor.
Your survey with your attached form is now published and can be accessed by the course participants.