Registration with a SWITCH edu-ID
The SWITCH edu-ID is used by a large number of educational and research institutions in Switzerland to provide access to their offerings and services, e.g. OLAT. People who do not belong to any educational organization (e.g. alumni, auditors and participants of continuing education courses) can create a private SWITCH edu-ID account and use it to log into OLAT. With this account you have a lifelong and secure identity for all academic services.
- Creating the SWITCH edu-ID
- Linking your institution identity to the SWITCH edu-ID account
- Reset SWITCH edu-ID password
- Login with the SWITCH edu-ID
Creating the SWITCH edu-ID
To create the "SWITCH edu-ID" please visit www.eduid.ch:
Click on the button "Create account.
To verify your email address, click on the link included in the email.
By clicking on "View account details" you can check what information is already available and, if necessary, supplement it.
Now log in to OLAT using the SWITCH edu-ID you just created under https://lms.uzh.ch:
Linking your institution identity to the SWITCH edu-ID account
The following applies to members of an Institution (for example UZH, UNILU, UNIBAS etc) only! If you are not a member of an institution, for example if you are an auditor or you are participating in an advanced training program (CAS/MAS), then you don't have to do the linking process in your SWITCH edu-ID account.
For using the services offered by the University of Zurich (this includes OLAT) with the edu-ID login, the UZH login has to be linked to the SWITCH edu-ID account. Therefore, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the https://eduid.uzh.ch/linking page.
- If you already have a SWITCH edu-id account, click on "Link now". If not, follow the instructions above and create a "SWITCH edu-id" account.
Now you can start linking your institution identity to the SWITCH edu-ID account by clicking on "Start linking process".
Fill out the fields "UZH short name" and "password" in the form. This data will be validated via a UZH service called WebPass. If you have not yet set or forgotten the password, you can find the relevant instructions here.
Now your institution identity is linked to the "SWITCH edu-ID" account and you can log in at https://lms.uzh.ch.
Reset SWITCH edu-ID password
If you have forgotten your SWITCH edu-ID password or would like to change your existing password, please proceed as follows:
- Go to the https://eduid.ch/web/reset-password/ page.
- Enter the e-mail address that you have stored in your SWITCH edu-ID profile.
- Calculate the result of the arithmetic problem, enter it and click "next".
- Follow the further instructions that will be displayed to you.
Login with the institution SWITCH edu-ID
If you do not have a account with an institution listed in the drop-down list and you already own a SWITCH edu-ID, please log in to OLAT by following these steps:
- Visit the page lms.uzh.ch.
Select "SWITCH edu-ID" in the drop-down list:
You will be redirected to the SWITCH edu-ID's login page. After a successful log-in you will be redirected back to OLAT.