Zoom video conferences
For more information on how to use and benefit from ZOOM, please visit the support page of the UZH's central IT department.
Register for Zoom, install and use the app
Please follow the instructions as described in the UZH central IT manual.
- Register for Zoom: https://www.zi.uzh.ch/de/support/audio-video/zoom/register.html
- Install die Zoom app: https://www.zi.uzh.ch/de/support/audio-video/zoom/install.html
- Use the Zoom app: https://www.zi.uzh.ch/de/support/audio-video/zoom/use.html
Set up Zoom Account
In order to integrate a Zoom videoconference into OLAT, you have to register once at Zoom to create an account there.
- Go to https://zoom.us/signin
- Select "Sign in with SSO"
- Complete the field "Company Domain": uzh.zoom.ch
- Click on "Continue".
- The login page of the University of Zurich opens. Log in with your short name or your e-mail address and your password (Active Directory password).
The account is now successfully created.
Integration of Zoom in OLAT
There are 4 ways to publish a Zoom meeting or webinar in an OLAT course:
- Publishing the zoom link in a course element of the type "external site"
- Publication the zoom link in a course element of the type "Single Page"
- Sending the zoom link by e-mail (via course element of the type "e-mail")
- Integration with the course element of the type "LTI page"
Attention: Zoom only supports meetings here, webinars do not appear in the LTI integration
Integration with the course element "LTI page"
With the help of the course element "LTI page" it is possible to manage and
conduct Zoom meetings in OLAT courses.
Take the following steps.
Add and configure the course element "LTI page"
- Add a course element "LTI page" to your course.
- Make changes in the "Title and Description" tab.
- If necessary, you can change the visibility and access of the course element.
Configure the tab "page content"
In this tab you will configure the LTI page. With a few exceptions, you can accept all changes in the standard.
- URL: https://applications.zoom.us/lti/rich
- Start content automatically: Switch on
- Transfer email address: Switch on
- Display: Show module only, hide LMS (iFrame)
- Display area height: Empty
- Width display area: Empty
Request key and password
Now you still need a key and a password. You can submit a request to his
effect to OLAT Support.
Please send an email to OLAT Support asking for a key and a password.
If you use different e-mail addresses for OLAT and for Zoom, these must
first be merged.
Please contact OLAT Support.
If you have problems setting up your Zoom account on the login page , please contact the ServiceDesk der UZH.
Kursrun: Settings for the closed editor
In the course run you can see the zoom integration:
You can also schedule new meetings here.
View for course participants
Course participants can attend the meetings they want.