Each course and each OpenOlat learning resource has an information page. For courses, this page is referred to as the "Course Info" page. The information entered here is already visible before a course or learning resource is even booked or entered by the learner.In this way, teachers can make central information available to the target group in advance. This includes, for example
- Names of the teachers involved
- Description of the course or event
- Execution period
- Time expenditure, learning objectives, requirements, certification
- License type of the learning resource
Many teachers also add a picture or video to the event. This picture and a first part of the description will appear in the overview under "My Courses" or "Favorites" if the table view has not been selected.
OpenOlat also automatically generates additional information that is important for users. This includes
- The external link to the course or to the learning resource for direct access
- The ID of the learning resource
- Further technical information such as creation data
- Possibility to rate the course with stars and leave a comment (if activated by the administrator)
Under "My data" you will find your user-specific information on the course, including the "passed" status, when you last accessed the course and the groups you are registered with in the course. Here you can also bookmark the course/learning resource. If the course author allows you to leave the course, you can do so here as well.
The info page also contains a link to start or book the course.
You can get to the info page of a learning resource by clicking on the link "info page" in the section "Courses" or "Catalogue" in the list or if you select the course info icon in the course toolbar during course operation.
If your chosen event does not contain much information, it is because your teacher has not (yet) set up this page.